Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) has funding available to install Level 2 EV charging stations.
Eligible locations include:
- public places
- multiunit dwellings (minimum of 8 units)
Maximum amounts for this funding opportunity are:
- $7,500 for a single-port station
- $15,000 for a dual-port station
- $150,000 maximum award per application
Match requirements. Eligible sources of a cash match include cash, loans, other grants, or capital assets dedicated to the project.
- For stations in public places, proposers are required to provide a 20% cash match of eligible expenses regardless of whether the charging stations are located on property that is government owned or not.
- For stations for private use at workplaces or multi-unit dwellings, proposers are required to provide a 40% cash match of eligible expenses.
Applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m. CT on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Application materials are available on the State of Minnesota’s SWIFT portal. Additional information is also available on the MPCA’s website.
MPCA will also be hosting an online informational session on January 10, 2023 from 1:30 to 3pm. Viewing information is on their grant webpage.
Level 2 EV charging equipment supplies 6.6kW to 19.2kW of power for charging, depending on the design of the unit. Depending on the vehicle being charged and the power of the equipment, Level 2 charging provides approximately 25 miles of range or more per hour of charging. Therefore, Level 2 equipment is often best situated in locations where drivers will be parked for longer periods of time or overnight.