The North Dakota Clean Cities Coalition, coordinated by the American Lung Association in Minnesota, is seeking an intern for a paid, 14-week position from approximately Jan 9, 2023 – Apr 28, 2023 to be hosted by the St. Paul office. Argonne National Laboratory offers internships through the Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program to support local Clean Cities Coalitions.
This part-time paid position will require the student to work either remotely, in-person, or a hybrid schedule. Proof of vaccination is required for employment. The student will work to educate and engage users of alternative fuel vehicles (electric, E85, biodiesel, natural gas and others) through data analysis, virtual/in-person events, communications, initiatives and other forms of outreach. Project workplan will depend on student experience and strengths.
Under supervision the intern will:
- Assist staff with support of virtual and/or in-person events during the 14-week period including alternative fuel workshops and trainings, electric vehicle outreach.
- Manage and collect data for report on electric vehicle adoption
- Develop newsletter articles and help manage social media content.
- Analyze survey data from events
- Complete activity reports and other paperwork as required
Preference given to candidates with:
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule
- Must be undergraduate in Junior or Senior year or graduate student
- Background in natural or social sciences including environmental, marketing/graphic design, public relations, health education
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible with work activities and schedule
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Part-time position (15-20 hours per week)
- Pay rate: based on undergrad or graduate level
- Position is grant funded and is dependent upon availability of funds
Cover letter must address related jobs, responsibilities and relevant experience.
Please send cover letter & resume to: Carlie Koberstine at 651-337-5096 or Carlie.Koberstine@Lung.org.
Review of applications will begin: November 28, 2022