The North Dakota Clean Cities Coalition, coordinated by the American Lung Association in Minnesota, is seeking an intern for a paid position working remotely for a 14-week period from approximately September 11, 2023 – December 22, 2023 to be hosted either remotely or in the St. Paul office. The intern will have the option to continue the internship into spring 2024 at 20 hours per week and summer 2024 at 40 hours per week. Argonne National Laboratory offers internships through the Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program to support local Clean Cities Coalitions.
This part-time, 20 hours per week paid position will require the student to work either remotely, in-person, or a hybrid schedule. The student will work to educate and engage users of alternative fuel vehicles (E85, biodiesel, electric, natural gas and others) through data analysis, virtual events, communications, Environmental Justice initiatives, and other forms of outreach. Project workplan will depend on student experience, interests, and strengths.
Under supervision the intern will:
- Assist staff with support of virtual events during the 14- week period including alternative fuel workshops and trainings, idle reduction outreach and station education.
- Manage and collect data for the Justice40 Initiative.
- Develop newsletter articles and help manage social media content.
- Assess alternative fuel corridor gaps in North Dakota.
- Complete activity reports and other paperwork as required.
Preference given to candidates with:
- Ability to work remotely.
- Must be undergraduate in Junior or Senior year or graduate student.
- Background in natural or social sciences including environmental, marketing/graphic design, public relations, health education.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain flexible with work activities and schedule.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Part-time position (15-20 hours per week).
- Pay rate: approximately $15.00 per hour for undergrad and $18.00 per hour for graduate level.
- Position is grant funded.
Please send cover letter & resume to: Heather Betts at Heather.Betts@lung.org or 701-299-4137.
Cover letter must address related jobs, responsibilities and relevant experience.
Due date to apply: August 6, 2023